my darling
sunshine


Everyday inspirations that make you wonder, think, and smile.

Think of it as the bright side of things, because life is so full of Passion, Lifestyle, and Creativity! Don't you think?


Tuesday, March 8, 2011,5:21 PM
A Healthy Lifestyle / Week 3


Seeing those ab muscle definitions popping up! :)
To be honest, I love looking at them first thing when I wake up in the morning, hahaha.

I've lost 3 pounds -- approximately 10-20% fat and gained muscle mass. Definitely more toned.
I love the way I feel everyday. Eating healthy really changes your lifestyle -- especially when you combine it with exercise. I have definitely boost my metabolism because I get hungry every 3 hours, and sometimes I treat myself ice cream or cake and not worry about getting fat because my metabolism is burning it for me. Of course, I don't eat it every day and only little amounts.

I'll tell you some secrets about how I do it... The things I limit and stay away from to stay fit and healthy. You have to keep in mind though, the number one thing you have to do if you want results is Exercise -- no doubt, but eating the right food kickstarts your weight-loss. Exercising at least 4-5 days a week speeds up the process. I do intense cardio workout 4-5 days and strength on nonconsecutive days twice a week with 4 nutritious meals per day: Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Dinner. NEVER skip a meal! Because 99% of the time, that causes weight gain. Drink a lot of water, since this will help flush out toxins. Eliminate juice, sodas, or any sweet beverages. Try to drink green tea instead or coffee without sugar -- Also, Unsweetened Almond, Rice, or Low-Fat Milk are really good for you. I include high protein food everyday at every meal when I can (eggs, fish, beef, pork, or chicken), combined with legumes, cheese, a variety of vegetables (choose: spinach, arugula, cucumbers, edamame, celery, bell peppers, zucchini), nuts, and flax seeds. I completely eliminated sugar and limiting only a pinch or less of sea salt per day -- too much salt can bloat you up. Try to substitute salt with something tart, like pepperlemon or herbs for flavor. Don't forget the fruits! Remember, eat this moderately because they do contain carbohydrates and sugar. Sugar is sugar, so I suggest eating them before meals as a snack instead of after meals. Consume VERY little carb-type foods, such as: pasta, bread, rice. I substitute those with beans when I don't feel like eating grains. I actually have been replacing white grains with whole grains, but a friend of mine who has been reading the book, "Nourishing Traditions" told me that whole grains are actually bad for you. I also found an article about why you should go Grain-Free (click to read). It's really surprising that something you thought was good is actually bad for you. I've stored my kitchen with some whole grain foods -- I don't want them to go to waste. So, I'll just have to wait till I run out and stop buying them.

So, there you have it!
My advice: AKR
Always, Always read ingredients! Know what you're eating. Any kind of processed food are bad. Try to eat Organic. Do your Research!

Week 3 baby! Results results results!

Labels:

..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Click to Subscribe
/ RSS Feed
RSS Feed Readers
Archived entries
Newer Posts Older Posts
10 previous posts
A Healthy Lifestyle / Day 3A Healthy LifestyleEndless CreativityBelly JammyFresh IdeasLove & ForgivenessSelf Discovery & PassionGobble Gobble!Holly, Jolly Xmas - Wishlist"JWU Thank You" Book Cover
Past posts by month
October 2010November 2010December 2010February 2011March 2011April 2011May 2011August 2011
Copyright
© 2010 / My Darling Sunshine